Orient Blackswan Private Limited
Terms and Conditions & FAQs
Do I pay any shipping charges?
Yes. Shipping charges are different for each country.
What is the Payment method? Credit Card
What will be the approximate delivery period?
- Within India – Seven to ten working days after the receipt of payment
- Rest of the World – Twelve to Fifteen working days after the receipt of payment.
Note: You may be subject to import duties and taxes on certain items, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country. Additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. Customs policies vary widely from country to country. Additionally, when ordering from www.orientblackswan.com you are considered the importer of record and must comply with all laws and regulations of the country in which you are receiving the goods.
How do I know the status of my Order
You can contact our Customer Service Executives at firstname.lastname@example.org. They let you know the status of your order.
How do I track my order?
When books are dispatched, the AWB number and the URL of the courier company by which the books have been sent will be e-mailed to you. You can use this information to track your shipment.
When will my credit card be billed against the order?
Your credit card will be billed only after the books have been dispatched.
How can I return books?
Our replacement policy covers only those books which are damaged in transit. The request for replacement of damaged books must reach us within 15 days of delivery, after which the request will not be entertained. In such cases, either another copy of the book, if available, will be sent to you or a refund of the amount charged minus the handling charges (10%) will be made.
How can I cancel an order?
You can cancel an order at any time before the dispatch of the books. To cancel an order, you may send an email quoting the order number and with the subject “Cancellation” to email@example.com. The order cannot be cancelled after the books are dispatched. If we are unable to service your order the amount charged (inclusive of shipping charges, if any) will be refunded to you.
How can I get a refund if an order is cancelled or the books are not supplied?
- The amount will be credited to your credit card account.
Customer Registration Process and Guidelines:
Steps to create an account / register in http://www.orientblackswan.com
- Type the following URL in the browser: http://www.orientblackswan.com/newuser.asp
- Provide User Login information, Billing Information, Shipping Information and click on create to Create the Account.
- After successful registration, you can click on the link provided to login or you can login in the following URL: http://www.orientblackswan.com/signin.asp. You will also receive an email containing account Login credentials. Alternatively click on the Add to Cart button, it will asks you to login and will be redirected to login page.
Steps to order a book in http://www.orientblackswan.com
- Click on the add to cart button in the book details page to order. It will ask you to login. Click on OK button will display login page.
- If you are already a registered user, login with the registered user id and password. Otherwise, create an account in orientblackswan.com by clicking Register link on the login page.
- Click on the add to cart button in the book details page to order. After adding all the books, click order to view the invoice.
- Click confirm order button to finish the order.
- You will receive an invoice copy to your email address. Also we will receive one copy of your invoice.
- The Bookpoint (India) Private Limited. will write to you with payment details.
- After receiving the money they will dispatch books to your shipping address.
How customers can protect themselves on online-transactions?
- Always shop or make payments through trusted / reputed websites and bookmark those sites if you use them regularly.
- Ensure that the URL of the website is correct by verifying it in the address bar of your computer browser.
- Do not click on links in emails or on referral websites to visit the online shopping site. Always type the URL in the address bar of the browser to visit the website.
- Do not enter your confidential account information such as Credit Card Numbers, Expiry Date, CVV values, etc on any pop-up windows.
- If you are a frequent online shopper, signup for Verify by Visa and Master Card secure code program.
- Check for PAD LOCK symbol on the webpage before furnishing your Credit Card Numbers, Expiry Date, PIN and CVV values, etc to make payments.
- Make note of the transaction IDs for future reference incase of disputes.
- Check your account statements regularly and bring any fraudulent transaction to the notice of Bank.
- Do not respond to emails seeking your confidential account information that try to lure you with offers, jobs or prizes etc.